With Thanksgiving this week, it is a perfect time to do something special for your clients (if you haven't already) to show them how grateful you are for their business, referrals and relationship.
My team and I have a "reverse" pop by event happening tomorrow that we have been planning for quite a while. We mailed out invitations to our clients and they RSVPd to let us know if they want a pumpkin or apple pie. They will stop by our office tomorrow during the designated times (10-5) to pick up their pie. We will also have simple refreshments on hand for everyone who stops by. They can stay a while and chat, or grab their pie and go. This has been a really easy way for us to show our gratitude.
There are lots of things you can do even with just a few days left no matter your schedule or budget ...
1) Call a few of your favorite clients to make sure they are in town, then stop by tomorrow or Wednesday with a pie for them.
2) Write thank you notes or send Thanksgiving cards today.
3) Call and personally wish them Happy Thanksgiving.
4) Email out a message of gratitude and an offer to win a drawing for something that you provide (gift card to local restaurant, etc) to everyone who replies. Our brokerage provides this every month for us to send out. This month it is $250 to Morton's Steakhouse and 2 tickets to a Washington Ballet performance of The Nutcracker. I've had more than 50 clients respond to be entered already, even some who live out of state (the lesson here ... don't judge for them whether or not they want to hear from you or are interested in your marketing).
5) Make a food donation to a local food pantry or family in need in the name of your clients and let them know.
This is a great time to give thanks. It doesn't have to be perfect. Don't overthink it, just do it!